You've scheduled your session, now what? Here are some things to help you get ready for your session.
First of all, relax! I promise you, your session with me is laid back, no need to worry!
- Show everyone that will be at your session some of my work. This will give them an idea of what to expect at your session.
- Have your outfits chosen at least a week ahead of time. Nothing is worse than thinking you have it picked out only to find out the sleeves shrunk or you're missing a button the day of.
- If you're coloring your hair, be sure to do so at least 48-72 hours in advance. I get some close up shots and you won't want your freshly colored scalp showing in your images.
- Give the kids a snack prior. Don't make them wait until after your session to eat. Hungry kids are cranky kids. You could even bring water and snacks to your session (nothing messy!).
- Remember that your kids are kids. Having their photos taken by a professional photographer isn't something they do everyday. They will sometimes not do what I ask and that's okay! We will move onto the next pose.
- Enjoy the experience, have fun. Don't focus on what you want the end result will be, that's why you hired me! Being yourself will give me exactly what you're looking for in the end.
I have created a Pinterest Board if you would like some ideas for your family's outfits. If you need some more guidance with your wardrobe, feel free to message me. Some tips for choosing your clothing:
- Be comfortable. If you're not comfortable in what you choose, it will show through your images, so make sure you're able to move around comfortably.
- Coordinate rather than match. Choose a color scheme and go from there. Mixing up patterns and textures will add a special touch to your images. Adding in some fun accessories like a hat or scarf is also a great idea!
- Take your location into account when choosing clothing. If you will be surrounded by green, green may not be the best choice to wear.
- Make sure your shoes and socks match your outfits. Your feet will be in your photos, so keep that in mind while choosing your wardrobe.
- If you're afraid your children will get their outfits dirty prior to our session, you may opt for waiting until you're at your session's location to change them.